Thursday, October 18, 2012

Reception v Celebrations!!

With things becoming less formal so many new types of wedding celebrations are popping up! I’ve been lucky enough to attend 2 very different weddings in the past few months and it got me thinking about the different options available to brides and grooms these days.

The first wedding I attended was a very formal wedding with a sit down 3 course meal in a 5 star resort in Cairns, the second was an informal ceremony in a local park followed by a backyard celebration. This as you can imagine raised a few eyebrows with people I spoke to and I must admit I was very interested in how this wedding would work as it was the first one like it I had been invited to. In the end they were both beautiful weddings but for very different reasons and I’m sure the planning was also very different but it got me wondering when did we become so judgemental? When it comes to weddings and what is right and wrong everyone has an opinion but I have noticed (and I am guilty of this myself) that people are quick to comment and share their sometimes harsh opinions. It’s a privilege to be invited to someone’s wedding but it can be easy to lose sight of this when we have to buy a new outfit or spend hours trolling the internet for flights or accommodation. Not to mention buying a present or putting money in a wishing well...that in its self deserves a whole blog post.....

So basically what we’re trying to say is things are changing and despite what grandma thinks there is no such thing as right or wrong when it comes to weddings!! So before you start judging, think about this...how would you feel if you heard someone saying mean things about your wedding day, I know I’d be devastated because if you ask me my wedding was the best wedding in the history of the universe... J

For the future brides reading this, don’t be scared to put your personality into the planning and do what you want, destination, formal, backyard or religious it’s totally up to you and don’t pay any attention to the haters....some people are just plain jealous of you or they can’t be pleased, so please yourself and your future husband!!

Play nice ladies and always think of other people before voicing your thoughts and as always, happy planning!!!
 K & C
XXX
Source: google.com via Krystal on Pinterest
Source: google.ca via Krystal on Pinterest
Source: google.fr via Krystal on Pinterest
Source: repinly.com via Krystal on Pinterest
Source: google.ca via Krystal on Pinterest
Source: google.com via Krystal on Pinterest
Source: google.com via Krystal on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment